Get into the Halloween Spirit with these Spooky Chocolate Cupcakes!
For this recipe you will need:
1⅓ cups all purpose flour
2 tspn baking powder
1½ cups white granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup milk
a pinch iodized salt
¾ tspn vanilla extract
¼ tspn baking soda
Let’s Get Started!
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F and line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, unsweetened cocoa powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and beat the ingredients until there are no clumps and everything is evenly mixed.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let your cupcakes sit on a cooling rack before decorating.
Frost your cupcakes with your favorite frosting and decorate them with your favorite seasonal candies for the ultimate Halloween flair.
Shop our baking section for all your flour, sugar, spices, and tools!
(click here to shop)