- To prepare the apricots, put diced apricots and Grand Marnier in small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, turn to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand at least 2 hours.
- To make the ice cream, pulse the apricots and any remaining liquid, along with sugar in food processor or blender a few times until pureed. Add the heavy cream, whole milk, sour cream, vanilla, and salt and blend until smooth (one or two minutes).
- Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, preferably overnight, then freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. During the last few minutes of churning add the chopped almonds.
- Transfer to storage container, cover ice cream with plastic wrap and store in freezer.
- To serve, remove ice cream from freezer a few minutes before scooping to soften.